On Pre-Order only, check with us for stock availability to avoid disappointments.
ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore
- Intel X299 E-ATX motherboard LGA 2066 for Intel Core X-series processors
- 16 power stages
- onboard Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
- 10 Gbps Ethernet
- USB 3.2 Gen 2x2
- dual USB 3.2 Gen 2 front panel connectors
- SATA, quad M.2
- Aura Sync RGB lighting
- Ready for the latest Intel® Core™ X-series processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to four M.2 drives, USB 3.2 Gen 2x2, Intel® VROC and Intel® Optane™ memory compatibility
- Robust power delivery: Optimized power solution with 16 Infineon TDA21472 power stages, ProCool II power connectors, MicroFine Alloy chokes and 10K capacitors
- AI Overclocking: Quickly optimizes your CPU performance based on the CPU and cooler, achieving results that are extremely close to manual tuning by experts
- Comprehensive thermal design: Active cooling VRM heatsink, PCIe-zone M.2 aluminum heatsink, backplate, fan extension card II and water-cooling zone
- High-performance networking: Onboard Aquantia® 10 Gbps Ethernet, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) with MU-MIMO support, and GameFirst V technology
- Unmatched personalization: Color OLED and ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including two additional RGB headers and two Gen 2 RGB addressable headers
- Industry-leading ROG audio: SupremeFX S1220 and ESS® SABRE9018Q2C for enthusiast-grade audio performance driven by Japanese capacitors
- DIY-friendly design: Pre-mounted I/O shield, ASUS SafeSlot, BIOS FlashBack™ and FlexKey
Teamed Power Architecture
A Brief History
However, the current crop of CPUs pack more cores than their predecessors, and the latest instruction sets allow them to crunch computationally dense workloads at an incredible pace. As an added bonus, they also consume less power at idle and can transition between loads states much more quickly. These improvements necessitate a re-evaluation of power design priorities because phase doublers add a propagation delay that hampers transient response.
Fortunately, the latest Integrated power components can handle higher currents than the devices of yesteryear, making it possible to implement a simple circuit topology that isn't hamstrung by the processing lag of phase doublers. That's why our X299 motherboards utilize teamed power stages to deliver higher burst current per phase, while maintaining the thermal performance of phase-doubled designs.
High Quality Components
Dual 8-pin ProCool II power connectors
Two ProCool connectors ensure a snug and reliable connection to the EPS 12V power lines.
Infineon TDA21472 power stage
16 Infineon TDA21472 power stages comprise the Encore VRM, each rated to handle 70 amps.
MicroFine alloy chokes
Each Power stage is accompanied by a high-permeability alloy-core choke rated to handle 45 amps.
10K Japanese-made black metallic capacitors
Input and output filtering is provided by solid-polymer capacitors rated to last thousands of hours at high operating temperatures.
To further optimize transient response, we've added 8 SP-capacitors to the power plane. The resulting bulk capacitance results in a 13.8% shallower AC-DC load-line setting compared Rampage VI Omega.