AUDIO-TECHNICA ATH-SR50BT BK Wireless Over-Ear Headphones
- Exceptionally pure audio of Sound Reality in a wireless design
- Exclusively designed 45 mm drivers are capable of Hi-Res Audio reproduction with a wired connection
- Mic and touch-sensor controls built into the earcup for convenient handling of calls, music playback and volume adjustment
- Active ambient noise reduction circuitry gently reduces environmental noise for cleaner, high-fidelity sound
- Switchable quick hear-through function allows voices (conversations, announcements at airports and transit stations, etc.) to be heard through the headphones
- Internal battery provides up to 28 hours of continuous Bluetooth and ANC use on a full charge
- Soft memory foam earpads and headband for ultimate comfort
- Compatible with aptX, AAC and SBC codecs
- Fold-flat design for easy portability
- 1.2 m (3.9') cable provides a wired connection for times when wireless operation is not available, when battery power is low, or when Hi-Res Audio is desired
- Supports the Audio-Technica Connect app for convenient control of headphone settings
- Includes 30 cm (1.0') USB charging cable and carrying pouch
|Driver Diameter||45 mm|
|Frequency Response||5 – 40,000 Hz|
|Battery||DC 3.7V lithium polymer battery|
|Battery Life||Max. approx. 28 hours*
Charging Time: Approx. 5.5 hours*
|Weight||Approx. 262 g (9.2 oz)|
|Accessories Included||USB charging cable (30 cm (12") USB Type A / Micro USB Type B), Cable (1.2 m (3.9’) / 3.5 mm (1/8”) gold-plated stereo mini-plug), Pouch|
|Sensitivity (Microphone)||-44 dB (1 V/Pa, at 1 kHz)|
|Frequency Response (Microphone)||50 - 4,000 Hz|
|Polar Pattern (Microphone)||Omnidirectional|
Operating Temperature: 5°C to 40°C (41° F to 104°F)
Communication system: Bluetooth version 5.0
RF output: 3.2mW EIRP
Maximum communication range: Line of sight - approx. 10 m (33')
Frequency band: 2.402 GHz to 2.480 GHz
Modulation method: FHSS
Compatible Bluetooth profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
Support codec: Qualcomm® aptX™ audio, AAC, SBC
Supported content protection method: SCMS-T
Transmission band: 20 to 20,000 Hz
*Depending on operating conditions
The ATH-SR50BT wireless over-ear headphones deliver the exceptionally pure audio of Sound Reality in a convenient wireless design. The headphones are compatible with the high-quality aptX and AAC codes, in addition to the standard SBC codec, to provide exhilarating, full-range audio from the Bluetooth® wireless signal. The headphones' specially designed 45 mm drivers are also capable of Hi-Res Audio reproduction when used with the included 1.2 m (3.9') detachable cable.
The ATH-SR50BT headphones are equipped with a mic and touch-sensor controls in the left earcup, making it easy to answer calls, adjust volume and handle music playback on smartphones and other devices. The controls also offer the selection of active ambient noise reduction, which gently reduces environmental noise for cleaner, high-fidelity sound. A separate quick hear-through button can be pressed to hear external noises – voices in particular – a feature that's useful for engaging in brief conversations, hearing public transportation announcements, and the like. Headphone settings can be adjusted quickly and easily by using the Audio-Technica Connect app on a connected smartphone.
The earpads and headband are made of soft memory foam for ultimate comfort, and the headphones fold flat for easy storage in the included pouch. The internal lithium polymer battery provides 28 hours of continuous Bluetooth and ANC use on a full charge, and recharges via the included 30 cm (1.0') USB charging cable.
Available in black (ATH-SR50BTBK) and brown-gray (ATH-SR50BTBW).
About High-Resolution Audio
In Brief: The Move to Hi-Res Audio
While many listeners may believe that high-resolution audio came along with the introduction of the Compact Disc in 1982, constraints on the disc's storage space always prevented CD audio (standardized at 44.1 kHz/16-bit) from fully and completely reproducing the original recorded sound. The advent and subsequent popularity of MP3s only made this problem more pronounced – the necessary compression of these files causes audio information to be lost, thus greatly reducing the audio quality. But with lossless audio file formats, faster Internet speeds, and storage space increasingly easy to come by (and in ever-smaller packages), the push is on to create audio equipment capable of capturing and reproducing true Hi-Res Audio, generally considered to be 96 kHz/24-bit or better. The Hi-Res Audio logo certifies that a product meets the Hi-Res Audio standards. Per these standards, headphones must have transducer frequency performance to at least 40 kHz. As a producer of these types of audiophile headphones since 1972, Audio-Technica is well-positioned to provide audio solutions that meet the demands of Hi-Res Audio media formats, allowing for the full reproduction of their extended sonic characteristics.
*The Bluetooth ® word mark and logos are owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Audio-Technica Corporation is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.